May 12 - 17, 1997, Debrecen, Hungary
The International Symposium on Exotic Nuclear Shapes (ENS'97) will be held on May 12 - 17 1997 in Debrecen at the Institute of Nuclear Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (ATOMKI) (Poroszlai ut 6., Debrecen, Hungary). The symposium aims at reviewing the latest experimental and theoretical results concerning extreme nuclear shapes.
THE MAIN TOPICS of the symposium are as follows:
- Neutron-skin and neutron-halo in nuclei, studied with Radioactive Nuclear Beams in light- as well as in heavy-ion reactions.
- High-spin super- and hyperdeformed nuclear states excited in heavy-ion reactions.
- Super- and hyperdeformed states observed in the actinide region.
- Shapes of nuclei at the drip-lines (nuclei with extreme isospin values).
- Giant collective excitations in nuclei with exotic shapes.
The conference will include:
- Invited plenary talks
- Selected contributed talks
- Poster presentations
This conference is partially financed by:
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA)
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO)
- National Committee for Technological Development (OMFB)
- Hungarian National Scientific Research Foundation (OTKA)
- Debrecen Town Self-Government
- Hajdú-Bihar County Self-Government
- Debrecen Universitas
- The Regional Center of Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Debrecen (DAB)
- Wintech Computer System Kft., Debrecen
The names of the invited speakers and the titles of their talks will be
announced in the next circular.
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
- J. Äystö (Jyväskylä)
- R. Broda (Cracow)
- N. Cindro (Zagreb)
- C. Fahlander (Lund)
- N. Frascaria (Orsay)
- M. Fujiwara (Osaka)
- J. Gizon (Grenoble)
- G. Graw (Munich)
- B. Haas (Strasbourg)
- M. N. Harakeh (Groningen)
- J. Jastrzebski (Warsaw)
- I. Lovas (Debrecen)
- R. G. Lovas (Debrecen)
- S. Lunardi (Padova)
- W. Nazarewicz (Tennessee, Warsaw)
- F. S. Stephens (Berkeley)
- J. F. Sharpey-Schafer (Cape Town)
- Z. Sujkowski (Swierk)
- P. J. Twin (Liverpool)
- A. Krasznahorkay (Chairman)
- S. Y. van der Werf (Co-Chairman)
- B. M. Nyakó (Scientific Secretary)
- M. Csatlós
- Zs. Dombrádi
- Z. Gácsi
- J. Gulyás
- M. Hunyadi
- Z. Máté
- J. Timár
- L. Zolnai
The Proceedings of the symposium will be published in the Heavy Ion Physics (Acta Physica Hungarica New Series).
The number of participants is limited to about 100. Participation will
be on personal invitation only. The fee for participation will be about
320 DM (at present it is 32000 HUF), which includes the registration fee, abstract booklet, conference dinner, social events and a copy of the conference proceedings. Details will be given in the next circular.
Details about accomodation will be given in the next circular.
Debrecen, located 230 km East to Budapest in the middle of the Hungarian
Great Plain, near the Hortobagy National Park is the second largest city in
the country and is the economic, educational and artistic center of Eastern
Hungary, with a rich and unique cultural and religious history and with
world famous spas.
Correspondence (with the exception of accommodation problems) should be
Institute of Nuclear Research of the Hungarian Academy of
(ATOMKI) Bem tér 18/c,
P.O.Box 51, H-4001 Debrecen, Hungary
This first announcement will be mailed (preferably e-mailed) to possible participants. A postscript version of this first announcement can also be downloaded from here. Those people interested in participating ENS'97 and want to be included in the mailing list please send an e-mail to ENS97@SPGRAPH.ATOMKI.HU or to KRASZNA@SPGRAPH.ATOMKI.HU . Suggestions for session topics, session chairmen, and speakers are welcome.
The web site of ENS'97 is: http://www.atomki.hu/ens97/ .
This page is "http://www.atomki.hu/ens'97/1stNotice.html"
Created: August 15, 1996
This page is under construction. Last updated: October 2, 1996.